Saturday, September 29, 2007

What a show!

So it's 1 am and I just got back from the show. I think Derrick enjoyed his first concert. And Shannon, Jaret and Bryant seemed like they had a good time.

The first band was called Advent and they were from North Carolina. All I can say is they were loud and the singer didn't sing, he screamed the entire time.

The second band was Maylene and the Sons of Disaster. These guys from Birmingham Alabama gave me some good old southern metal. I had heard of them before but never really listened to them. I saw the BIGGEST circle pit I have ever seen at a concert. I'm talking INSANE! These guys made my night. I would have been satisfied just seeing these guys. Here's a little taste of their redneck style of metal. Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

The next two bands, Every Time I Die and Underoath were good. But I still liked Maylene a whole lot better.

All in all it was a great time hanging out with some of the youth and being with them to celebrate my 7 years of sobriety. And my ears are ringing, which can only mean one thing, it was good and loud.

Be MoVeD!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bryant said...

Yup Maylene and the Sons of Disastor were the best. No doubt.
I had a blast man, thanks for bringing me along to celebrate!

12:16 PM  
Blogger Bryant said...

I have more pictures on my myspace page.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home